This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

European Prodigal Son

I haven't seen it, but do have a news bulletin for you :) The Royal Swedish Ballet will revive Cramer's "Prodigal Son" this year. Check their web site -- it's an interesting season. Quirky, but interesting. Their Swan Lake is billed as "a classical ballet, traditionally staged." I don't know if that's a warning or an enticement. And they have a program from the '50s (the Cramer is on that) and some interesting mixed bills. Not the usual fare.

I haven't seen the ballet, but I've heard excerpts from the score, and remember photographs of the original production. It looked to me a bit like the production concept was based on a cross of children's pantomime and a stylized medieval mystery play. From what little I know, I'm intrigued by it.:)

Mel, continue to be intrigued for a few days more. I am working flat out now ( end of term. finish of courses - I feel rather dead - in addition I am selling Christmas trees from my plantation). Now, there is work about 20 hours a day.

Otherwise, applauds from the wilds of Sweden about your care of original titles etc.