This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Nutcracker Casting

Hi!

Next week's Nutcracker casting has been posted and there are some interesting debuts. Jonathan Stafford is the newest Mother Ginger, and James Fayette and Adam Hendrickson (!) are debuting as Drosselmeyer (sp?).

The two dancers still not being cast are Millipied and Weese. Does anyone know if they are injured, or just dancing elsewhere in the beginning of December?

Kate

Hi!

Millipied is dancing...

More debuts...

Robert Tewsley has officially joined the company and is dancing the Cavalier on the 13th.

Carla Korbes & Jonathan Stafford are making their debuts at the SugerPlum Fairy and the Cavalier at the matinee on the 14th

Kate

It's interesting to me to see the different roles various people play from performance to performance - for example, today, Hanna plays the Cavalier in the matinee and Mother Ginger at Night... Two very different roles.

And then poor Bouder is cast as the "(Boy)" Doll - which I am assuming must be a mistake, unless she has a brother? ;)

We're going tonight. :)

Doll (Girl): MANDRADJIEFF

Doll (Boy): BOUDER

I'm not familiar with "Mandradjeiff" so can't be sure if this will be an historic casting style or not. :D

Just checked and you're right Major Mel! :) Both dolls are played by young women. :)