ballet movies????

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_JazzyJen_*

Guest_JazzyJen_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 15 March 2000 - 05:57 PM

Some really good movies are "An American in Paris" and Daddy Long Legs" both movies not only feature Ballet but also other types of dancing. And both star really famous actors such as Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. They also have another thing in common, The leading lady in both movies is Leslie Caron a famous ballet dancer and an exeptional actress!

#17 Guest_Juliecute_*

Guest_Juliecute_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 23 January 2002 - 09:00 PM

There is this really good movie that was on HBO "Degas and his dancers". It has ballet dancing and its interesting to see who Degas used as models.
Plus, there is always Fame, which has some (not that much) dancing in it.
And the movie that i dont think anyone has mentioned, Center Stage!

#18 liliflower

liliflower

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 10:20 PM

I love the movie Ballet Shoes. I'm pretty lucky because my academic school's library has a copy (which I've borrowed many times). I also like the movie White Nights. The plot and atmospheric music are horrible but in one scene Baryshnikov turns 11 pirouettes!!! I'm not kidding! I watched it slide by slide. There was no cutting in the film, or merged scenes. I still rent that movie, just for that scene!

#19 jude

jude

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 03:54 PM

yeh i would have to say that although The red shoes is a really faboulous film and really works as afilm as well as a ballet film, i think that centre stage is really something speacial. Not only do i LOVE it but all my frweinds that dont know anything about ballet and would have considered it to be boring are in awe atfer seeing it ......they cant get over the sheer joyous energy portrayed in the film. Im talking about 16 year old boys and girls who are now all i live with ballet!! its quite amazing to see its almost developed a cult following amongst my non ballet friends!!

anyway sorry to ramble on just thought its an added acheivement when a ballet film captures the imagination of a bunch of teenagers who have never seen ballet in theri life!!

#20 leibling

leibling

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 09:23 PM

Not your typical ballet film- but a terrific DANCE film- "Billy Elliot" is my favorite dance film.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):