This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Promotions!

sylvia

I'm very happy! The ROH website has announced that with immediate effect,

Jaimie Tapper has been promoted to principal

Dierdre Chapman and Isabel McMeekan have been promoted to soloists.

I think CNB regulars will be pleased about Jaimie! She's danced a wonderful Giselle last season and an impressive Larisch in Mayerling last week. I always thought she would make a perfect Juliet and am very much looking forward to her London debuts in Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty this season.

Congratulations to Jamie from Canada too!

I'm sure I'm among many Toronto ballet lovers who are very happy for her. She was wonderfull promissing young dancer in NBoC before she decided to join Royal Ballet (still remember her as a lovely Juliet). Last year here in Toronto she was dancing in a gala with J. Kobborg. They both gave splendid performances, and it was great to see how Jamie is developing into a mature and well rounded artist.

I just have to echo everything Saveta said. What a great achievment for Jaimie! I'm sure all her teachers and friends at NBS and NBoC are very proud of her. She has been missed here in Toronto, and it's kind of sad that we lost her, but she seems to be very happy at the Royal, getting lots of great roles. I saw her at last year's gala too! She dance Giselle and Flower Festival, and I was so impressed to see how she has grown. There will be another gala next April (Stars of the 21st Century), so I hope she'll be back then!