This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

"Taming of the Shrew"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Guest_Gray Shoes_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

Despite my desire to see "The Taming of the Shrew" I was not able to make the required arrangements. Did anyone get the chance to see it? Please tell me what I missed.

#2 Guest_CyberDancer_*

Guest_CyberDancer_*

Posted 14 November 2002 - 07:33 AM

a very non technical opinion...

I found it a very pleasant performance. My intent is not to diminish it with faint praise.

I found that the overall package, the dance, the music, the presentation, the humor made for a very enjoyable evening.
Which, from my perspective says a lot.

Frequently I find myself seeing the technique, the extensions, and the poses, but not really just enjoying and experiencing the performance. I tend to think that 180-degree extensions have too frequently replaced the musicality and movement that defines dance.

So, to sum up and reiterate -- a very pleasant performance.

#3 Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Posted 15 November 2002 - 07:36 AM

To those reading this thread: I just saw Treefrog's review of "Taming of the Shrew" on the General Disscussion board. It is a nice review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):