This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

"Taming of the Shrew"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Guest_Gray Shoes_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 11 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

Despite my desire to see "The Taming of the Shrew" I was not able to make the required arrangements. Did anyone get the chance to see it? Please tell me what I missed.

#2 Guest_CyberDancer_*

Posted 14 November 2002 - 07:33 AM

a very non technical opinion...

I found it a very pleasant performance. My intent is not to diminish it with faint praise.

I found that the overall package, the dance, the music, the presentation, the humor made for a very enjoyable evening.
Which, from my perspective says a lot.

Frequently I find myself seeing the technique, the extensions, and the poses, but not really just enjoying and experiencing the performance. I tend to think that 180-degree extensions have too frequently replaced the musicality and movement that defines dance.

So, to sum up and reiterate -- a very pleasant performance.

#3 Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Guest_Gray Shoes_*

Posted 15 November 2002 - 07:36 AM

To those reading this thread: I just saw Treefrog's review of "Taming of the Shrew" on the General Disscussion board. It is a nice review.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):