This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballet Memphis -- Kate Campbell

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 06:31 PM

I heard singer-songwriter Kate Campbell in concert last night. She was wonderful, but I wouldn't want to see a ballet to her music, or to that of any other folkie I can think of. But Ballet Memphis is doing a "ballet" to some of her songs soon. She'll be singing onstage. Has anyone heard any more details? I suppose it'll be a modern dance piece.

#2 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 10 November 2002 - 08:14 PM

They're a contemporary company, I think -- not modern dance, not ballet. I say this based on reading press release and photos; I haven't seen them. They were in New York a few seasons ago -- any New Yorkers have comments about the company's rep? In the past few years, at least, they've done several pieces to pop music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):