17 replies to this topic

#16 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 07:14 AM

After going through the running times of performances listed on NYCB's web site, it appears the idea is to get people out early -- during the week. For some reason, Soire doesn't need an intermission before and after during the week, but it does on Friday night/weekends.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Dale ]

#17 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 09:25 AM

Hi Dale! Happy New Year. We've missed you smile.gif

I wonder if there's been a marketing survey asking about start and stop times? Perhaps weeknight people said, "Hey, I work and need to get home early!" I think the earlier Tuesday start time was to accommodate people who'd asked for it. (The idea of "I'll subscribe to anything as long as it starts at 7:30" is foreign to me, but everyone has different priorities.)

#18 E Johnson

E Johnson

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:32 AM

I assumed that marketing research was one reason NYCB is trying to get people home earlier during the week. One reason for this might be what i think of as the "reluctant date" problem -- a ballet fan might be willing to get home at midnight for a good program, but the less interested spouse/significant other might not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):