This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Mozartiaphonia (no intermission)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 07:14 AM

After going through the running times of performances listed on NYCB's web site, it appears the idea is to get people out early -- during the week. For some reason, Soire doesn't need an intermission before and after during the week, but it does on Friday night/weekends.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Dale ]

#17 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 09:25 AM

Hi Dale! Happy New Year. We've missed you smile.gif

I wonder if there's been a marketing survey asking about start and stop times? Perhaps weeknight people said, "Hey, I work and need to get home early!" I think the earlier Tuesday start time was to accommodate people who'd asked for it. (The idea of "I'll subscribe to anything as long as it starts at 7:30" is foreign to me, but everyone has different priorities.)

#18 E Johnson

E Johnson

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:32 AM

I assumed that marketing research was one reason NYCB is trying to get people home earlier during the week. One reason for this might be what i think of as the "reluctant date" problem -- a ballet fan might be willing to get home at midnight for a good program, but the less interested spouse/significant other might not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):