• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 09:23 AM

On Great Performances February 3rd (but, as always, check your local listings): "Born to be Wild: The Men of the ABT."

#2 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 10:19 AM

Treefrog, is this a repeat? I know that they filmed it last year at SUNY Purchase in Westchester County, NY....or at least part of it was filmed there. Never did get to see it - maybe this time I will.

#3 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 10:40 AM

I'm afraid I don't know. I have not seen it before, but that doesn't mean much. There's very little information on the PBS website, just the air date.

While I was at the site, I checked on other perfomances. They are rebroadcasting the Royal Ballet's Nutcracker on Dec. 24. A broadcast of Lars Lubovitch's Othello (San Francisco Ballet) is planned, but not yet scheduled.

#4 AmandaNYC

AmandaNYC

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 12:47 AM

There's a (sold-out) preview of it (and discussion with several of the artists) at the Museum of TV and Radio next week. here's the description from their site:

"The depth of male dancing at American Ballet Theatre today is unprecedented in the history of American ballet. The Museum is pleased to preview a new documentary by award-winning producer/director Judy Kinberg, who profiles four of ABT's male stars, exploring how each became passionate about dance. The spotlighted dancers discuss their personal backgrounds and formal training: Jose Manuel Carreno (Cuba), Angel Corella (Spain), Vladimir Malakhov (Ukraine), and Ethan Stiefel (United States). The hour-long documentary culminates with a specially commissioned piece by Mark Morris that features the four dancing together for the first time. "
http://www.mtr.org/welcome.htm

-amanda

#5 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 02 November 2002 - 04:33 AM

Thanks for that link AmandaNYC - too bad it's sold out.:) I'm surprised ABT didn't send out some information on this in one of their various emails/newsletters. Maybe I missed it?

Well, I'm going to check my Thirteen calendar and hope to catch on TV. Thanks Treefrog!:)

#6 Treefrog

Treefrog

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 10:36 AM

I am raising this back to the surface since the air date is nearing. Here's a link to the PBS announcement. It has more information on who is dancing and the format of the show.

This page has a link for checking air date in your local area.

#7 piccolo

piccolo

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2003 - 05:15 PM

Thank you TreeFrog! I am definitely taping this one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):