This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The art of discovery or how you found yourself here.

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#91 Joanna

Joanna

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:03 PM

I was looking for something about spelling the names of steps in ballet, and I found that site by chance.

#92 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 03:13 PM

Very glad you found your way here and I appreciate your taking the time to respond to this thread.

I hope you've checked out the main website of as well. There are two publications that are put out that are well worth the modest investment.Ballet Alert!.

Again, welcome. :flowers:

#93 siu

siu

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:35 PM

Late as always, but would like to tell you how I got hooked on Ballet. I was in 6th grade when our music teacher scored some tickets for Swan Lake with Alonso. Seats were really bad, second balcony, second row to the right and close to the stage; sightlines were horrible (Horseshoe shaped auditorium) and had to stand and crane our necks to see something, but even then, the magic of the performance stayed in my mind, I decided that I would try another show, and the following week purchased a ticket for a Sunday matinee of Giselle, again with Alonso. That did it and tried not to miss a performance ever since. These days in my neck of the woods, my ballet viewing is minimal, but when the hunger arises, I pop one of my videos in my vcr and enjoy.

#94 Tiffany

Tiffany

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:49 PM

I heard of BA through friends at my dance studio. They recommended it because it is moderated unlike another message board that they had tried at first. After looking at unmoderated message boards, I really appreciate this one! :rolleyes:

And how I discovered ballet...I think I was about 3 years old, and I remember seeing some type of ballet dancing on television, probably on PBS, and I have loved it ever since. I can't remember ever not being intensely interested in ballet. I think that my family has tried to understand my devotion to ballet, but unless you feel the same way, you can't really understand....so its always been wonderful for me to have teachers and dancing friends who could understand and relate. And now, with this message board, I have even more people with whom to talk about ballet!!!! :flowers:

#95 workinprogress3

workinprogress3

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:43 AM

If I remember correctly it was a search for information on Summer Intensives that brought me here. Came that first time and never left. Wonderful people here and wonderful information.

#96 Guest_stacymckenna_*

Guest_stacymckenna_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 17 December 2003 - 10:45 AM

A peripherally ballet related Google search sent me to Keith/Pumukau's website of his 1996 alt.arts.ballet posts. I wrote him a thank you for the entertaining and encouraging posts, and he directed me here for more current stuff...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):