This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The art of discovery or how you found yourself here.

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#76 Melodies

Melodies

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:21 PM

Yes, BBS stands for Bulletin Board System as Janna Heino said. It's a very popular word here in China. BBS has the totally same function with forum. We have various BBS (forums) in different fields, art, science, culture and so on. I guess it's Chinese English word~ joking

#77 SwanQueen

SwanQueen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 06:22 AM

I actually found Ballet Alert! through the summer intensive surveys, since I was searching for information on a particular SI. Then I clicked on the link for ballet talk, and well, here I am!

#78 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

SwanQueen, you found Ballet Alert! through the BA SI Survey?! That's wonderful to hear. I am so glad to know that the links that were set up worked to bring you to this board. From the number of posts you've got beneath your name, I'd have to guess that you're glad to have found your way to here, too. :)

#79 SwanQueen

SwanQueen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:45 PM

Yes, I was looking at a survey for the Rock School and I saw a link for Ballet Talk. I absolulety LOVE it!!!!! Its so great, I registered immediately and i've enjoyed it so much.

#80 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,482 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 03:12 PM

Thank you, SwanQueen, and I'm very glad that you found us, too! We just eat up compliments like that. :)

#81 Tracey

Tracey

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 01:29 AM

I found my way here while doing a massive internet trawl to find adult classes when I wanted to return to class last year after a 15 year break. I lurked for ages, visiting 2 or 3 times a day, before I finally registered! I absolutely love it here, everyone is so nice and helpful, I've learned so much since I found it, 'virtually met' some fantastic people (and physically met one so far) and I still visit 2 or 3 times a day, and get withdrawal symptoms when I can't get the internet!

Alexandra and all the moderators, thank you so much - this is by far the best board around, no competition :) !

Tracey

#82 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 05:17 AM

I echo dirac, SwanQueen, and offer a hearty "Welcome aboard!" ;) to you Tracey...glad that trawling paid off for you in more ways than one.:)

#83 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:18 PM

I've just noticed a new sticky that I thought I'd post on here - it explains the mission or purpose of Ballet Alert! and I figured that just maybe some might have missed it. :)

#84 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:51 PM

I discovered Ballet Alert when I was surfing the web for ballet related sites. I live in a small town in the midwest so I rely on all the posters reviews of performances around the world. Especially reviews of NYCB which is my favorite. It's the next best thing to being there. So a big THANK YOU to all of you reviewers out there and THANK YOU to Ballet Talk for providing such a fabulous forum for all ballet lovers.

#85 Susanne

Susanne

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:06 AM

I used to visit a group that I found by searching with Google ("ballet" and then clicking on "groups"). Then someone there mentioned that there were lot's of misinformation :blushing: (I think it was performance dates and that sort of info they were referring to) on Ballet Alert.

Of course I had to look it up as I was interested in everything that had to do with ballet. From Ballet Alert I found Ballet Talk! It turned out to be the best site ever! :thumbsup:

#86 Guest_pointehill_*

Guest_pointehill_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 19 July 2003 - 02:55 PM

Through one night of browsing, using the search word "ballet" I do believe. I guess you could say I "gracefully stumbled" across it. :rolleyes: :dry:

#87 Guest_Danielle_*

Guest_Danielle_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 20 July 2003 - 04:42 PM

I think I found it on one of my random ballet searches. I can't really remember now!! Regardless of how I found it, I'm SO happy that I did!! :unsure:

#88 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:59 PM

Many thanks for your responses - thank goodness for linking on the Internet. :)

#89 Adrienne

Adrienne

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:06 PM

A few weeks ago, I was searching specifically for ballet-related message boards. I used to post at Danceart.com the last time I was taking ballet, in 1998, and I was glad to see it's still around, but not at all glad to see they were still not using any decent board software. I like the boards there, but some things about them drive me mad.

I'm glad to have found this place. :thumbsup:

#90 BW

BW

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 05:40 PM

Glad you found your way here too, Adrienne. Ballet Talk's software has gone through a number of incarnations since its birth...and, though I haven't been around since the beginning, I agree this board is set up very well. It makes a huge difference if you're really interested in finding things and following threads - the advanced search function is especially helpful. :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):