This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kirovs 'bayadere' And 'sleeping Beauty' Onto Dvd/video?

I was wondering if anybody knows if and when the Kirov is going to put thier revivals of Bayader and The Sleeping Beauty onto video/dvd. How about the music? Someone NEEDS to put these masterpeices onto CD. The Sleeping Beuty is always recorded in its entirety and without the performance cuts. Bayadere is just neglected and whats out their of it is slim pickins. Thnaks

at a NYC interview w/ makharbek vaziev while the kirov at lincoln center w/the 'new' bayadere, the artistic director said there were plans to release both these recent efforts. however, and i'm afraid i think this is a BIG 'however' no details, dates, or specifics were offered. so who knows if or when this will come to pass...

The Kirov is promising a new series of videos/DVDs for sometime in late 2003. The plan is to film a number of opera (& ballet??? - one hopes!) during the theater's season coinciding with the 300th anniversary of St Pete. Since the Gergiev-and-Kirov marketing blitz seems to favor opera, I'm not holding my breath until I see a few bones thrown in the direction of balletomanes! But, yes, 'Sleeping Beauty-1890' is certainly a good candidate for inclusion in the 300th-anniversary DVD series. The 'Gergiev Nutcracker' is certainly at the top of the list, too. Bayadere revival may be more of a stretch but - hey - one can wish.