This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Swan Lake Music

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 its the mom

its the mom

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 10:09 AM

Does anyone know where I can get the music for the Black Swan variation? I am looking for the one that is done by ABT - I believe it is the original version, but I am not sure. I've tried several different CD's, none have it on there. Any help would surely be appreciated.

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 02:26 PM

To my knowledge, there is no recorded version of the 1895 Drigo-edited score currently available. The variation you are looking for is a Drigo-arranged Tchaikovsky piano piece titled "L'Espiégle" (the mischievous child).

PS. CORRECTION - I see by my Schwann Opus catalogue that an 1895 version by Victor Fedotov conducting the St. Petersburg Maryinsky Orchestra is on JVC Classics, #JVCC 6500-2!

#3 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 03:06 PM

I have a recording of a CD called "The art of the prima Ballerina" by Richard Bonynge and it has the Drigo/Tchaikovsky Black Swan as de Deux on it.

#4 Solor

Solor

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 03:07 PM

The Swan Lake by the Kirov on CD is out of print

#5 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 05:13 PM

However, if you check Amazon through the banner at the head of every page of Ballet Talk, you'll see that it's available through their used recording service, although there's starting to be a bit of a lineup for it. And good Ballet Alertniks always check Amazon for their book and recordings needs, because if they order through this page, Ballet Alert! gets a little "finder's fee"!;)

#6 its the mom

its the mom

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 11:26 AM

Solor: Unable to send private message - too new on Ballet Alert. Would love to be able to get a copy of this from you. How can I get in touch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):