This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Is Kevin McKenzie "unsettled"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 04:16 PM

Ari posted a link to an article in the Guardian, "Troubled Royal Ballet eyes US director." In the first sentence, Kevin McKenzie is referred to as "the unsettled artistic director (sic) of the American Ballet Theatre." Later in the piece, it's stated "American Ballet Theatre has undergone huge turmoil, with talk that its new patron and chairman Lewis S. Ranieri railroaded McKenzie into a dance tribute to the Beatle George Harrison."

I'd like to know if there's anyone out there who thinks McKenzie's position at ABT is "unsettled." It was news to me.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 06:40 AM

It was news to me, too, Farrell Fan. Is this speculation, assuming that any artistic director feels "unsettled" when there have been as many changes as at ABT?

#3 LMCtech

LMCtech

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, I was interested in that comment too.

Does that person know something we don't or are they just blatantly speculating. Mr. McKenzie seems to have lasted pretty well in this day of flash in the pan ADs.

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 05:59 PM

Maybe they mean he's uncolonized, like he doesn't have lice or fleas or something. Kevin was always such a cleanly boy.;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):