This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A New Ballet Movie

Just read that there will be another ballet movie with Robert Altman as the director. The movie is called "The Company" which chronicles the life of a ballerina. Joffrey Ballet is involve with the movie so perhaps the movie is center around the company. Actress Neve Campbell will play the up-and-coming corps girl on the fast track and Malcolm McDowell will play the AD. Here is the link to the story:

http://film.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/Excl...,797977,00.html

Neve Campbell was trained at the National Ballet School of Canada during her teenage years before injures force her out of ballet. Nicole Kidman also started out as a ballerina but was forced to turn away from ballet. I was wondering is there any more actors and actresses in Hollywood today also came from the world of ballet.

P.S. Can't wait to see Neve putting on her pointe shoes once again.

Yes I remember that Charlize Theron was a ballerina, but was suprised to learn that Lea Thompson can't resist the pull of the bright lights of la la land. From the first time I saw Audrey Hepburn I thought that she would make a great ballerina, but I didn't know she also study ballet. Only if Audrey would stick with it perhaps she would as great as Margot Fonteyn. I guess that ballet will always come second when it come up against the draw of Hollywood.

I don't think it was so much the lure of Tinseltown as other factors – for example, Theron is tall for ballet, she's a big girl even by today's standards, and Thompson I think gave it up because her body was not quite right, and while she wasn't without talent it became clear to her that she wasn't going to scale the heights.

As for Audrey, judging by her dancing in Funny Face, even allowing for the fact that her training did not go very far, she doesn't look like she'd be a rival to keep Fonteyn up nights. :)

I cannot say exactly why Lea left the ballet world, I just know from being in class with her that she was a good dancer. I never saw her again after Burger King, although I did work with her brother, Andrew and sister in-law, Jocelyn at one point. As for the body...for me, that has never been the priority. Although I prefer the ideal, I must say I am constantly amazed by the ones who are less than ideal! :)

Guest Amy_Dance

Also Penelope Cruz and Catherine Zeta Jones studied ballet for yaers before they became actresses.I dont know exactly where did they studied but they said it was a very important part of their education.

Guest Amy_Dance

Also the singer Vanessa Carlton .She was training with the New York City Ballet as an apprentice but she quit because she realized music was her real passion.