This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ballet in washington DC

hi im planning a trip to rockvile MD in late june early august this year to visit family. i was wondering if abyone knew of any ballrt performances to see at that time.

i have checked the kennedy centre website and its seems that there will no ballet on during july and i would imagine its a bit of an off month for ballet but if anyone can think of anything for me to do / see while im there it would be very helpfull.

wow my aunt took me to see it last year when i was visting......at the washington university theatre?

i loved it it was really great and also so interesting to see what dance students and their standard etc were like.

will it be si ilar to last years?

Not sure we are talking about the same thing here, jude. We do our Spring Concert at Lisner Auditorium on the campus of George Washington University in downtown DC, but the Summer Intensive Workshop performance is held at the school of The Washington Ballet. The Spring Concert is in May, the Workshop is at the end of the summer course, which is late July this year. Last year it was early August.

Call me at the school, or come by and see us when you are in town smile.gif I can give you the information on the performances. They are not publice performances, as it is part of the summer workshop. But you could attend as a guest. The phone number for the school is 202-362-3606. Ask for me, and you will get my voice mail if I'm not in the office at the time. (I'm rarely in my office, always in the classroom wink.gif ) Leave me a number where I can call you back.

[ March 10, 2002, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Victoria Leigh ]