Reasons for liking ballet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 leibling

leibling

• PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2001 - 09:51 PM

Why do I love ballet ? .... well - sometimes it makes me feel as if I can fly.... that is a feeling worth working everyday of my life for.

#17 campvaldes

campvaldes

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 03:26 PM

To see people who are the supreme examples
of atheletic/artistic prowness, is a joy. To
see ballet at its best, is to see humans at their best. I see the work, time, and pain that dancers go through to give us a balletic
performance. I am into sports also. But, so many athletes are cheating with performance
enhancing drugs, that the joy has been taken
out of watching the Olympics, Tour De France,
and other sporting events. Ballet, I think and hope, seems to be unaffected by performance boosting drugs. Maybe I am bringing up a taboo subject?????????
largely, .

#18 sarez

sarez

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 04:07 PM

It's so good to post! Anyways...

I think I love ballet because I can express myself. I can dance the way I feel, not the way somebody wants me to feel.

#19 James Wilkie

James Wilkie

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2001 - 10:37 AM

Why do I like ballet?
How does one sum it up in words! It is all I have wanted to do at first it was because I wanted to be able to 'fly' in the air like Nureyev after watching a video, but then reality set in that I do not 'fly' in the same manner because of very different styles, body types to name but a few. Although this has not put me off. I think now as I have read more seen so much and I know this will sound odd but i like its simplisity. The moving with the music creating beautiful shapes and for a split second being something different.
Also the grandness of it all, going to the ballet, taking part in the ballet just involoved is so special to me.
I have had some wonderful oppourtunities and I hope to continue the way I am going, but at the same time to continue learning about other asppects of the dance world, theatre and the real world as well. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):