This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Merce Cunningham London Season

It has been announced that Merce Cunningham has decided to cancel his performances in Israel. They were supposed to take place in November this year.

On the one hand, I love this site for enabling (and enhancing) my passion for ballet and dance even though I don't have the time or the means to realise this passion often. On the other hand, reading what people on this site have to say about Merce Cunningham has made me so much more depressed about this cancellation than I would be otherwise.

At Alexandra's suggestion, I am posting about the availability of Cunningham material on video and VHS. Through the Merce Cunningham Dance Foundation, there is a catologue of material:

www.merce.org

The click on the picture labeled FILM AND VIDEO

http://www.merce.org

(I put in a link but don't know if I did it properly.)

Also, if you go to Amazon through the Ballet Alert link, and go to VHS on the menu, you will find three tapes. On DVD, you will find at least one excellent DVD.

If anyone wants more information, post question and I will attempt to answer.I don't know about compatability with Israeli video systems. I'm sorry you won't get to see the company.