This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

anyone see Requiem in Ottawa?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mom2

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 06:06 AM

For those of you in Canada, I"m wondering if anyone saw Brian Mc Donald's Requiem, which I believe was last night (and again tonight) at the National Arts Centre. There was a review this morning in the Globe and Mail, and a piece on CBC earlier in the week...so I'm curious to hear what others thought of it.

(I don't live near Ottawa, so am unable to attend)

#2 Paquita

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 11:10 AM

I wasn't able to see it either but would be interested in hearing people's reactions.

#3 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 05:06 PM

Ari found links to two reviews; posted on Links on Saturday and copied here.

The reviews are coming in for Requiem 9/11, Canada's artistic response to the events of last Sept. 11. The ballet, choreographed by Brian MacDonald, had its premiere Thursday at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):