Flames of Paris

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tsavoie_*

Guest_tsavoie_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 August 2002 - 08:25 AM

I am trying to find a video of this ballet. It seems to be available only from the Lincoln Center performing arts library. Does anyone know a place either online, or in Ohio that I might be able to get it? Thanks,Terri

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 08:43 AM

There is (or was) a condensed version (along with Swan Lake (with Ulanova, Sergeyev and Dudinskaya) and Fountains of Baksichirai (with Ulanova and Plisetskaya) on a video called Stars of the Russian Ballet. I don't know if it's still available, but you could do a search on Amazon and find out.

#3 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 08:52 AM

the only substantial film of FLAMES OF PARIS is the one on STARS OF THE RUSSIAN BALLET, a '53 film.
it's on cassette from KULTUR, but rem. it is not the complete ballet, i know of no such film on the market but is given in this russian film as substantial excerpt:

as follows (also available on amazon):

http://www.kulturvid...=6&WebPage_ID=3

Stars of the Russian ballet [videorecording] / Lenfilm ; released by Corinth Films ; directed by G. Rappaport.: U.S.S.R. : Lenfilm, 1953 ; U.S. : Kultur, c1988.
(82 min.) : sd., col.
Notes :Danced by members of the Bolshoi Ballet and the Kirov Ballet.
:Music performed by the orchestra of the Leningrad Theater ; conductors, V. Doubovksy, P. Felot.
Swan lake (condensed version) Choreography: Konstantin Sergeev. Music: Tchaikovsky. Performed by Galina Ulanova (Odette), Natalia Dudinskaya (Odile), Konstantin Sergeev (Prince), V. Bakanov (Magician) -- The fountain of Bakhchisaray: excerpts. Choreography: Rostislav Zakharov. Music: B. Asaf'yev. Performed by Galina Ulanova (Maria), Maya Plisetskaya (Zarema), Igor Belskii (Nurahli), Petr Gusev (Girei), Yuri Zhdanov (Vaclav) -- The flames of Paris: excerpts. Choreography: Vasily I. Vainonen. Music: Asaf'yev. Performed by Vakhtang Chabukiani (Philippe), Musa Gotlieb (Jeanne), Yadviga Sangovich (Teresa)
Narration and titles in Russian, with English subtitles.
Subjects:Swan lake (Choreographic work : Sergeev, K after Ivanov and Petipa, M)
Fountain of Bakhchisaray (Choreographic work : Zakharov)
Flames of Paris (Choreographic work : Vainonen)

#4 Guest_tsavoie_*

Guest_tsavoie_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:21 AM

Thank you,Terri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):