Accent Marks For Ballet Terms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SABRA

SABRA

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 07:41 PM

HELLO EVERYONE-I MUST APOLOGIZE-I WAS GIVEN THE FORMULA FOR PUTTING ACCENT MARKS ON BALLET TERMS-(FOUETTE, RELEVE, ETC.) AND MY"CHEAT SHEET" HAS DISAPPEARED. COULD I PLEASE HAVE IT AGAIN? WHEN I WAS PRACICING IT, I USED TO GET AN ADDITIONAL E WITH THE ACCENT NEXT TO THE ONE WITHOUT, SO I WOULD HAVE TO STRIKE OUT AND BACKSPACE. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. MANY THANKS, MELBA

#2 Victoria Leigh

Victoria Leigh

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:20 PM

Melba, first I must ask you to please not type in all higher case letters, as it comes across like shouting :(

When you want to type jet, or any word which has an accented letter, do not type that letter at all. Just type the code for that letter. Then you will not get the double letters. I don't have all the accents at hand right now, but here are the ones I know without looking them up.

(Hold down the Alt key and use the numeric keys on the right side of your keyboard.)
is 130
is 133
is 138
is 140
is 144
is 135
is 136
is 131

#3 SABRA

SABRA

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 08:31 PM

The list and information is a big help, Victoria. Thanks so much. Sorry about the caps-my 63 year old eyes have been having some problems-easier to read what I am writing! Interesting that it comes across like shouting- sorry if I hurt your ears !! Again, thanks.
Melba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):