This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Suzanne Farrell Company Repertory Announced

The Kennedy Center has announced the repertory for this year's performances by Suzanne Farrell's company. Just one week this time, but there are two programs:

October 23, 24, 27

Raymonda Variations

A Farewell to Music

Variations

Who Cares?

October 25, 26

Divertimento No. 15

A Farewell to Music

Tzigane

Chaconne

I don't know who choreographed "A Farewell to Music." No word on who will be in the company.

Ari, I know that one of the dancers will be Chan-Hon Goh, a principal of the National Ballet of Canada who I remember has already danced with Farrell's company in the past two years. I interviewed Goh last month about her book, and she mentioned that she has been invited to dance with Farrell's company this autumn.

The encyclopedic reach of Ballet Alert is truly amazing. The fact that "A Farewell to Music" is on BOTH Farrell programs and I was totally clueless about it was causing me consternation and some embarrassment. Now I feel in-the-know again. Thanks. Performing a contemporary work would seem to represent something of a departure for the Farrell company. I'm looking forward to seeing it and everything else on both programs.