• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ari

Ari

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 11:35 AM

The Kennedy Center has announced the repertory for this year's performances by Suzanne Farrell's company. Just one week this time, but there are two programs:

October 23, 24, 27
Raymonda Variations
A Farewell to Music
Variations
Who Cares?

October 25, 26
Divertimento No. 15
A Farewell to Music
Tzigane
Chaconne

I don't know who choreographed "A Farewell to Music." No word on who will be in the company.

#2 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 08:30 PM

Ari, I know that one of the dancers will be Chan-Hon Goh, a principal of the National Ballet of Canada who I remember has already danced with Farrell's company in the past two years. I interviewed Goh last month about her book, and she mentioned that she has been invited to dance with Farrell's company this autumn.

#3 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the repertory, Ari, and the news that Goh will be dancing, Kevin. She's been with Farrell for several seasons now.

Read a review of "A Farewell to Music" here

http://www.peak.sfu....2/ar-dance.html

#4 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 03 August 2002 - 07:34 AM

The encyclopedic reach of Ballet Alert is truly amazing. The fact that "A Farewell to Music" is on BOTH Farrell programs and I was totally clueless about it was causing me consternation and some embarrassment. Now I feel in-the-know again. Thanks. Performing a contemporary work would seem to represent something of a departure for the Farrell company. I'm looking forward to seeing it and everything else on both programs.

#5 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 03:00 AM

Is her company going to tour again?

#6 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 06:39 PM

I don't think that the company is going to tour after the season at Kennedy Center. I heard that Chan-Hon Goh will dance with Peter Boal in "Raymonda Variations" and "Chaconne". The company has been rehearsing in New York for a week or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):