This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I am not sure if it is available on dvd the only place I have been able to find it was at the library for performing arts in NYC. I know George pretty well and he is great in the movie, the movie itself however isn't all that exciting!!! Good luck finding though!

Oh sorry you didn't find it exciting Kiki.

I actually enjoyed the film a lot when I saw it in it's orginal theatrical run.

Since that time I have learned a lot more about Diaghilev and Ballet Russses, so I would very much like to see it again.

Also Janet Suzman is a favorite of mine!

Old topic, but I just bought a copy of this on Amazon and was watching it this evening. Lots of diversions from reality but I suppose that is what movies do...still, I would have thought the real events exciting enough and not in need of enhancements. It's especially nice to see those legends Fracci and Dolin.

Haven’t seen this in some time, but I thought Fracci and Dolin were wonderful – they came off better than the pros in this movie. There’s also a very young and callow Jeremy Irons as Fokine.

I would have thought the real events exciting enough and not in need of enhancements.

Me, too. “The Red Shoes," which is fiction, is a much better treatment of the same story, with obvious alterations, of course.