This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Top American companies -- what are they? How many?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_aes301_*

Guest_aes301_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 July 2002 - 07:23 AM

It is really a very good point that many of these companies are going through leadership transitions and that that will affect those companies' profiles, so we will have to wait and see.

I am sorry I did not put Ballet West on my list. They are indeed a very fine company. They don't tour so they are very isolated.

Oakland Ballet used to be an exceptional small company particularly for its striking repertoire. In the 80's they were often reffered to as The Joffrey of the West for their extensive Diaghilev rep. If I'm not mistaken they had the largest collection in the world of Bronislava Nijinska ballets at one time. Their leadership too has changed so I don't know how that will affect their progile.

Last year I felt the same dissapointment about DTH but I feel at least in the quality of the dancers that they have made a big improvement this past year.

Anyway, all the mentions of fine companies across the USA really does make a top 10 list difficult these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):