This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Is your favorite company not on this list?

If your favorite company isn't in the U.S.A., but not on this list of "international ballet companies either," you can fix that!

One of the reasons we started the forums for individual ballet companies is to give people a place to talk about their home companies. We want to hear what they're doing and what you think about it. Please tell us about that company (here or over on "Recent Performances" if you prefer), and encourage others to do so as well. If there are enough people to sustain a

conversation (it only take three or four) we'll be happy to make a forum for your favorite company.

What to talk about? Dancers, repertory, company news. Did you just get a new artistic director? Interesting guest artists this season? What are you seeing? We'd love to read reviews.

We have people from all over reading this board, and they may well zip out of Lurkdom and join in. So start talking and let us know about your home company!

Hello, Elia --

We don't have anyone posting about them, unfortunately -- if we did, there'd be a forum!

I've written this before, but it's good to repeat it every once in awhile. We have forums for companies where there is, or has been, enough posts about the company to justify it. If a company isn't here, we're not trying to slight it.

If you're seeing English National Ballet performances, please post about them on Recent Performances -- if we have a couple of people seeing them regularly, then I'll put up a forum!

Thanks for asking -- maybe you'll spur people to post about this company -- Birmingham Royal Ballet, too, please!

I am pleased to be participating in this enriching forum that I am appreciative of. Two of my favorite companies, which I don't see listed, are Lyon Opera Ballet and Prague National Theatre (Lanterna Magika). I am fond of these companies primarily because of their repertoire and employment of multimedia which, to me, influence and relate to today's zeitgeist in an overall stimulating and healthy way. Lyon Opera Ballet's website is www.opera-lyon.com. Prague National Theatre's website is www.nationaltheatre.cz, and Lanterna Magika's is www.laterna.cz.

I would like to add that there is a website, www.culturekiosque.com, that I think is a good cultural resource, and that I am interested in reading Lanterna Magika: New Technologies in Czech Art of the 20th Century and am wondering if anyone has done so and would to comment on it.

Edited by Susana Mendiola
I am pleased to be participating in this enriching forum that I am appreciative of.  Two of my favorite companies, which I don't see listed, are Lyon Opera Ballet and Prague National Theatre (Lanterna Magika).  I am fond of these companies primarily because of their repertoire and employment of multimedia which, to me, influence and relate to today's zeitgeist in an overall stimulating and healthy way.  Lyon Opera Ballet's website is www.opera-lyon.com.  Prague National Theatre's website is www.nationaltheatre.cz, and Lanterna Magika's is www.laterna.cz.

I would like to add that there is a website, www.culturekiosque.com, that I think is a good cultural resource, and that I am interested in reading Lanterna Magika: New Technologies in Czech Art of the 20th Century and am wondering if anyone has done so and would to comment on it.

We don't have critical mass for Lyons Opera Ballet or Prague National Theatre forums, however, when Lyons Opera ballet toured the US last fall, we did have a thread under:

Ballet Companies/European Ballet Companies/French Ballet Companies:

http://ballettalk.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=17677

Welcome to Ballet Talk, and we hope that you write about the performances you do see.

I'm surprised there isn't much in these threads about Zurich Ballet. I will be traveling there on Wednesday through Sunday, and plan to see a few of their shows. (They are performing Concerto Barocco and Apollo by Balanchine, Prime Time by Heinz Spoerli (AD) and Kazmir's Colours by Mauro Bigonzetti. I will be sure to write a review upon my return to the states, as well as attempt to gather more information about the company for these threads while I am there.

Travel well, Holly, and we'll look for your reviews. (Opening a new topic under "Other European Companies" would be the place to post, since, as you noted, BT doesn't get many reports from there.)

It looks like a great program!

Hello all :) I will make it my goal to get Ballett Zürich its own category with interesting news and updates. I understand that the list represents the members and 'chatter' on the forum, so I will not take offence that the fantastic dancers of Zürich have not (yet) earned a category.