This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Saratoga casting

I was very happy to see the casting of Glenn Keenan in a debut in Raymonda Variations Wedesday night. If I were within striking distance of SPAC, that is something I would like to see. Her toe work is remarkable, she has one of the most fluid pas de bourrees in the company, and she is lovely in the upper body too -- you notice her long neck and the way she presents her face and shoulders in effaccee positions. I've been thinking that, with the company so in flux personnel-wise, she is someone whom we could see more of.

Someone else from the corps who could reasonably be pushed forward, in the tall and fair category, is Teresa Reichlen. But the need for someone of her size and coloring in the corps right now is probably very great.

The casting of Glenn Keenan and Faye Arthurs in Raymonda makes me wonder whether Eva Natanya is injured. The times I saw her dance the first variation she was astonishing, the best I've ever seen.

Hi!

Some intriguing debuts this week and next week up at Saratoga:

This afternoon: Ulbricht, Hendrickson and Veyette in "Interplay"

Next week:

Mandradjieff, Krohn and Dronova in "Raymonda Variations".

Bouder and Ulbricht in "Tarantella" (now that should be interesting!)

In Vienna Waltzes: Rutherford in the first section, Ash in the Explosions Polka and Ringer in "Gold Und Silber Walzer".

Any comments-or even better, will anyone be seeing any of these new casts?!

Kate