This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Actually, if I am correct, I believe the American Ballet Academy is a summer program (possibly a year round program) held somewhere in New York state. I think it is held at Vassar College during the summer. But it has no relation to the fictional ABA that Center Stage fabricated. Kinda funny how Im going to SAB this summer, and people keep on asking me if Im going to ABA. Center Stage did educate some people, but they didn't do their research;) Somebody check me on this and let me know if this info is correct!

Oopps, I did it again!!!! I didn't know it was fictional. I am so embarassed...

I was confused because American Ballet Academy was written on the wall of the building they were supposed to have classes. I knew that SAB was NYCB's school from before.Anyway!!! I guess we are humans and we make mistakes. I hope you had a laugh!!! I did!!! Bye...:):o :o :P

Nothing to be embarrassed about, Marilia! An easy mistake to make, and a lot of young dancers thought that it was a real academy.

Kivovboy, I believe the school that you are referring to, at Vassar, is American Academy of Ballet, so that would not be ABA. They probably chose to call it ABA because there is not such a place!

on the DVD version of Center Stage, you can listen to the director's comments while watching the movie. He talks about how they took the buildings around Lincoln Center and computer generated the ABA on the buildings and even were able to add the shots of the ballet classes looking from outside to add authenticity to the movie.

miss