This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Alicia Amaitrian

Lovebird

Hi Lovebird!

i only know that Alicia Amatriain is a current demi soloist at the Stuttgart Ballet and that she trained at the John Canko School, a professional ballet school in Stuttgart. There, she studied on a scholarship from 1996-1997, so I assume that she is about 22-24 years old.

Hope that i was able to help you a little bit. There isn't much information on her available.

-Svenia- :)

She certainly is an incredible dancer with a whole lot of potential! I saw her recently in the Erik Bruhn Prize held in Toronto. She was partnered by Friedemann Vogel (also excellent) in the Giselle Act 2 pdd, and In the Middle Somewhat Elevated pdd. I was really impressed by her range and versatility- she looks equally at home in romantic and contemporary pieces. She also has a develope a la seconde up to her ear in Giselle, and her extensions seemed to go over 180 degrees in In the Middle..- it brought the house down! Quite an interesting and dramatic performer. She didn't win (prize went to ABT's Michele Wiles) but it was very close I think, and her partner won the male prize. I think there is a biography of her on the Stuttgart's website.

I think the 180 degree develope in Giselle won over the audience and turned off the judges. I also found it a bit out of place, her upper body was beautiful though. I think they felt a bit pressured to deliver the 'tricks' after all the other couples did showy pieces (black swan, grand pas classique, paquita).