Jackson

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Hu Xinxin

Hu Xinxin

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 June 2002 - 07:07 PM

Congratulations to Wu Haiyan and Li Jun.
Wu Haiyan is not the most gifted girl among the NBC soloists, but she is the most hard working one.
Li Jun used to be Wang Qiming’s partner. Since Wang got a gold medal in Moscow last year, and she is dancing more principal roles, Li Jun dances with Wu Haiyan more.
NBC dancers have done very well in recent international competitions. I think one of the most important reasons is that they have a wonderful coach, Feng Ying.
Feng Ying herself used to be one of our best dancers in 1980s. She was sent to the Paris Opera and spent there a couple of years after graduation from the Beijing Dancer Academy. She became the Ballet Mistress of NBC in mid-1990s. Almost all girls trained by her got the gold medals in the competitions: Zhang Jian in Moscow 1997, Zhu Yan Varna in 1998, Wang Qiming in Moscow 2001 Meng Ningning in Nagoya 2002 and now Wu Haiyan.
I am proud of her.

#32 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 01 July 2002 - 06:26 AM

Yessss....WU HAIYAN! The gem of last year's Shanghai IBC shines once again, just as predicted. Her Giselle Act II pdd in Shanghai will forever live in my mind. [...and in my video :( ) I am sure that she dazzled the judges in Jackson, just as she did in Shanghai.

You have a right to be proud, Hu Xinxin! The Chinese are on top yet again. Now, on to Varna!!!

#33 Hu Xinxin

Hu Xinxin

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 July 2002 - 12:27 AM

Dear Jeannie,
Have you read the interview with NBC's Director Ms. Zhao Ruheng at ballet.co?
It is at
http://www.danze.co....aining/208.html

FYI.

#34 drval01

drval01

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 10:08 AM

Hu Xinxin,

Thanks for that wonderful link! It has more than just a chance interview; it has blow-by-blow reviews of each dancer by Renee Renouf, and pictures that I hadn't seen either on the USAIBC website or on the Clarion Ledger.

Though the competition is over, you can read Renouf's take on each of the competitors--a real find for those who had friends (and the children of friends) in the competition.

The index page is:
http://www.danze.co....ening/2818.html

Thanks again!

#35 Hu Xinxin

Hu Xinxin

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the information.
I enjoy the photos and MSGs very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):