This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Guest after5

I attended Harid performance, and it was the first time I have seen a perfomance by such high-caliber students. I even met the school director, Mr. Gordon Wright. The school presented three works: "Serenade" by Balanchine, "What can I tell my bones?" (or something like that, I threw away program notes yesterday) by Mark Godden, and an excerpt from "Raymonda".

All three ballets were danced really well.

I enjoyed "Serenade" the most, as I have never seen it live. It was very impressive to see these young dancers perform such a challenging ballet. One young student was particulary stunning, (Mahri or Mehri). She just lit up the stage every time she was on it. I heard that she is only freshman or sophomore. She is someone I hope to hear more about in the future.

The second dance was an original work by Mark Godden, permanent guest choreographer of the school. The first part of the dance was danced to Mr. Godden reading a poem( by a poet whose name I cannot recall right now). The second part was danced to the music by Pachelbel (sp??). He weaved nice patterns

with dancers coming and leaving the stage. The stage was never emtpy. It was definitely a very interesting modern work, again danced beautifully by the Harid students.

THe third piece in the program, "Raymonda" was also danced very nicely. A young male student from Brazil really stood out with his expressivenss and technique.

Overall, Harid is full young talent, and it showed in all three ballets. I look forward to seeing more of their performances.

Danja