This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Studio Company - Jared Matthews

Can anyone tell me anything about Jared Matthews from the Studio Company? I saw him taking class with RB a few weeks ago (I'm not even sure why he was here) and can't find any information about him! He looks like one to watch from what I saw of him in class. Thank you.:(

He's from Houston, Texas and is about l7 years old. He trained in Houston, spending summers away at various schools (SAB, ABT). This past year he joined the Studio Company at ABT and performed in their last show. I heard he had this study opportunity in England and that's where he went for this summer.

Thank you Flo - hopefully we'll see him on stage here then! I wonder if he has gone on tour with RB? They are away for a month, then come back to do a few Coppelias, Don Qs and Onegins before the end of the season.

Do you know what sort of style he has? (What did he dance in the ABT show?) He looked like he fitted in well here but one class is not much to go by!:D

Jared Matthews went to my school. He's a very talented dancer. I never really knew him, He was several levels ahead of me. But he did come back and guest star in The Nutcracker my school put on. Last I heard, He is now a member of the main company. And he guessed starred with a company in Japan. I Think the performance was the Nutcracker.

Guest bmistress1

Jared is both a gentleman and a scholar, and a seriously good partner to boot. I hope he has a long future ahead of him, for indeed, he is one to watch. His work ethic is outstanding.