This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Murphy promoted, Meunier to join ABT as soloist in 2002-2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 07:51 AM

Apparently Monique Meunier will be joining ABT as a soloist in 2002-2003 and Murphy has been (will be?) promoted.
Kate

#2 Marilia Tsoukia

Marilia Tsoukia

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 01:08 AM

Hi!!! How did you learn all this? I know that now that Susan Jaffe is retiring they are looking for sb to "replace" her. It is true that there are many male principals in the company and they should have a female addition. But I am not sure whether Gillian Murphy should be the one. Probably Michele Wiles will be another choice. Or they may leave it the way it is. I do believe, though, that Murphy should be a little more trained to develop her way of expression and then she would be perfect. I do not think that now she can measure up with any of the female principals in the company. What do you think?

#3 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 01:41 AM

I haven't seen Murphy dance that much. But the two performances I've seen her in this season and Fille she carried off beautifully, she seems a logical and good choice for principal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):