This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Live from Lincoln Center on PBS in Los Angeles

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 2 Left Feet

2 Left Feet

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 08:25 AM

Sorry for the long thread title:

The Live performance is scheduled to be broadcast in Los Angeles on PBS June 4th at 11:00 PM.

I'll be setting my VCR.

#2 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 08:55 AM

I've got the Sunday Los Angeles Times' TV section and it doesn't show NYCB being broadcast on Tues. at 11p.m. I'm assuming it'll play on KCET. Shall I assume the Times is wrong and call off my "East Coast contact" who is ready to tape the repeat for me? (On 2nd thought I'll probably play it safe.)

Giannina

#3 2 Left Feet

2 Left Feet

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 05:28 PM

I got this news from a KCET subscriber yesterday. I'll double check adn get back to you all.

#4 NextStage

NextStage

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2002 - 05:54 PM

Yes, this is certainly confusing... the broadcast is not listed on KCET's website schedule, either. I hope some light will be shed on this issue soon. Thanks to those trying to find out!

#5 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 10:24 AM

Oh, nuts! It wasn't broadcast here and I lost my dedicated East Coast contacts! I'm tellin' ya', it's not easy being a ballet fan and living in the West Coast.

Giannina

#6 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,953 posts

Posted 03 June 2002 - 10:30 AM

Tell me about it. You'd think we were in Antarctica instead of across the country. :(

#7 2 Left Feet

2 Left Feet

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 06:54 AM

Lewis Segal posted his review in this morning's Calendar section of the times. It says the show airs tonight at 11:00 PM on KCET. It appears to be a last minute addition to the schedule.

Set the VCR's.

#8 Giannina

Giannina

Gold Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 June 2002 - 07:24 AM

Saw that. Have tape ready even though the program is not listed on the evening's TV schedule.

Forever the optimist,
Giannina

#9 2 Left Feet

2 Left Feet

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2002 - 06:28 AM

I got back from the Moscow Stanislavsky Ballet last night to find my VCR had taped 5 minutes of the performance, then shut itself off for some reason. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH. I couldn't get it started again. I have technology.

Hoping my friend also taped it as promised.:mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):