This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Everyones favorite Dancers of ABT

Guest LoverOfDance

Guest LoverOfDance

I'd just like ot know which dancers you think are the best, most talented, and your favorite in the American Ballet Theatre. Personally mine is Julie Kent she's simply wonderful. Has anyone ever seen Center Stage because she's in that along with Ethan Steifel he's my second best, although she's still awesome. :)

I sure enjoyed Stiefel and Corella while they guested at the RB and I hope they come back (soon, and often!). Julio Bocca with his company Ballet Argentino impressed me to no end. And we miss Acosta's dancing here too. Boy, I sure am envious of you guys having fun with the Met Season. What I wouldn't give to see them all in The Dream and La Fille. I swear if I wasn't such a poor and hungry student who spent all her money on ballet tickets, I'd hop on a plane there right now. :)

I had quit ballet for 1,5 year because of my heavy program at school. Suddenly Center Stage fell into my laps and this movie is the reason I started taking ballet classes again. After that, Julie Kent and Ethan Stiefel became my favorite dancers. When I did a little research on ABT and its dancers I acquired other favorite dancers too. Now, apart from Julie and Ethan, VLADIMIR MALAKHOV is my favorite dancer (I have also posted a thread on him on 'Dancers'). My second best is Angel Corella. I also like Maxim Belotserkovsky and Irina Dvorovenko. Also, Paloma Herrera is kind of good. That was a very nice question!!!:) ;) :)

Guest Sylvie2B

Julie Kent is BEAUTIFUL! I recently saw her dance white swan and it brought meto tears. She is currently my favorite ABT star (as it changes depending on the ballet ) She combines strong technique and graceful lines and amazing artistry! She is a true Ballerina.

I am a big fan of Angel Corella, to me he embodies the pure joy of dance. Malakhov is another one of my favourites, gorgeous lines and ballon, he makes everything look so easy! For the women Nina Ananiashvili is a phenomenal dancer, from what I've seen on videos. Irina Dvorovenko was also amazing in the Tchaikovsky pdd she danced here in Toronto a couple months ago. Actually, all the principals at ABT are world class and have something unique to offer. I also must say that I was very impressed with Michele Wiles and David Hallberg's performance at this year's Erik Bruhn Prize, and I will be keeping an eye on them! I'm glad to hear that they were given lead roles in Symphony in C and that Wiles will dance Medora soon.

I agree that all the principals are world class and have something great to offer. My absolute favorite is Angel Corella...he is just soooo amazing, and like Paquita says, you can see his joy when he is dancing. I got to meet him when I was a super for Corsaire in Detroit!! :D My favorite ballerina that I saw in Detroit was Irina Dvorovenko, but I really love Alessandra Ferri. I have her doing Romeo and Juliet on a video, and she's just so beautiful... Unfortunately I've never seen ABT perform at the Met, only on tour in Detroit or on video.... :( They are my favorite company, though, and I love many of their dancers!!

I would second and third that all the ABT principals are first rate. How is it possible that no one has mentioned Carreno. To me, he is like Baryshnikov - when you see him live, he doesn't need to dance - once he walks out on stage, everyone else disappears.

Except maybe Corella ... and now Costa (and soon Saveliev)

I've watched ABT closely for 30 years - NEVER have they had so many incredible male dancers.

The women are, of course, remarkable also. I've mentioned many times being a Jaffe fan - love Dvorovenko, Kent - lukewarn on McKerrow, Tuttle, Murphy - but personal taste varies greatly - I would never trash the performances of any of these people.

Kristen

I love Angel Corellla as my favorite male dancer. I just love how when he jumps he looks like he is flying!! He stays up there for so long, it is amazing.

As my favorite girl I love Julie Kent. Yeah her technique is great, but she uses such musicality and emotion in her dancing. I take my eyes off her!!

Guest CenterStage

I think Ethan Stiefel is the best ballet dancer to me. Im not a dancer but im starting to see the beauty of ballet. So far Ethan has been the best. You can really see his emotions when he dances. Which I think makes a ballet great, when u can see the emotions in there face and in there dance. :P

Guest Amy_Dance

In my opinion Julie Kent and Ethan Stiefiel are the very best of American Ballet Theathre .Although Paloma Herrera is not bad!

I just think Julie Kent needs to express a bit more on her performance. Excellent Company !!