This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

June 2nd, can't wait!

Guest LoverOfDance

Guest LoverOfDance

On Sunday i'm going to see my first ballet!, I totally cannot wait. is anyone here attending this performance? I'd like to know what's a good seat, I'm stuck with orchestra row U, U is really close to Z so I'm scared, lol. I tried to get first ring , but that's sooo hard. anyway, I'm seeing Swan Lake, the Hernam Shermann Pas De Deux and a few others that I'm looking foward to. It's pretty late to go to a first ballet for me (age 14) but you've got to start somewhere right?:)

Hi, LoD --

Row U isn't that bad a seat. The First Ring overhangs it, and there are a couple of rows behind it. But be sure to bring your opera glasses.

You'll probably see Wendy Whelan and Albert Evans in the Herman Schmerman Pas de Deux and I think you'll love it. In addition to Swan Lake, the rest of the program consists of Balanchine's Kammermusik No 2, which is kind of hard for a first visit to the ballet, and Mercurial Maneouvres. If you watched the NYCB broadcast on PBS last night, MM was the last thing on the show It's fun.

It's great that you'll see Swan Lake on your first visit to the ballet. I saw Swan Lake on my first visit to the ballet -- the full length version as done by the Kirov, not the one-act Balanchine version you'll be seeing. I was twice as old as you when I went. That was over 40 years ago and I've been going to the ballet ever since.

Have a great time.

Lucky LoD will be seeing Maria in both Swan Lake and Kammermusik. Incidentally, speaking of William Forsythe, I read in the Times that his company is being shut down. Is this outrage being discussed anywhere else on the site?