This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT student rush tickets??

I recently got a student ticket at the MET.

It was $25, ususally at orchestra seat, available on the day of the performance. I went to the box office in the morning (they open at 10) to get the ticket for the evening performance, then I was told the student tickets are supposed to be on sale 2 hours before the performance. But anyway they gave me a ticket. I think you can get the best available seat at the time of purchase. For my case, I got the side seat around the 20th row, which was not bad. If you still wonder, you'd better call the Met box office.

Hi!

Student tickets at NYCB are available to full-time students under the age of 29. They are $10 and can b ordered online (http://www.nycballet.com/nycballet/html/ti...studentrush.asp)or at the box office up to 24 hours prior to the perfomance. Online tickets must be ordered by 3pm for evenings and 11am for weekend matinees.

However, be aware that student tickets are not available for every performance. For instance, this week they are not available Tuesday or Wednesday nights. Availibility is posted here: http://www.nycballet.com/nycballet/html/ti...vailability.asp

You can also call 1-212-870-7766

The location of the seats can vary-I tended to get 4th ring seats, but when I ordered online one time just after midnight I got an orchestra seat. I've also heard of people getting in the second or third rings. The location probably depends on the time you order, the popularity of the particular ballets on the schedule and how many tickets were sold already for the performance. I'd reccomend ordering online just after midnight or first thing in the morning.

Good luck, have a great time at the ballet and let us know how it went!

Kate