This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

President Bush, Kirov, and PBS special

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ronny

ronny

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 03:41 PM

Just heard that the President and Mrs. Bush attended ballet in St Petersburg. I assume they saw the Kirov Company perform. Does anyone know what they saw?

Also just heard that PBS will air a special next thursday evening on the New York Ballet Company. I'm sure you all have heard of it by now, but I thought I should mention it. Maybe you have more details.

#2 Roma

Roma

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 04:39 PM

Apparently Putin requested that Shemyakin's "Nutcracker" be presented during Bush's visit, so that's what they saw.

#3 ronny

ronny

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 May 2002 - 06:22 PM

OK, thanks. That would have been nice for them since they are probably familiar with the nutcracker. Wouldn't mind seeing that myself!

#4 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 03:56 AM

There's a short mention of President Bush's visit to the Maryinsky Theatre last night, in the News section of the Kirov website.

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en

#5 BalletNut

BalletNut

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 07:14 PM

Apparently KQED, the SF PBS affiliate, has decided not to air the Diamond Project Gala...:mad:

#6 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 07:23 PM

That's an outrage! Protest! Email! Write letters!

#7 ronny

ronny

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 04:33 AM

Here is the blurb on the thursday May 30th PBS event:

Live from Lincoln Center

New York City Ballet's Diamond project;
Ten years of new choreography
Highlights from eight performances of ballets choreographed by Ulysses Dove, Peter Martins, Devin O Day, Angelin Preljocog, Richard Tanner, Lynne Taylor-Corbett and Christopher Weeldon.

Have fun... hope everyone gets to see it one way or another.

#8 K2356

K2356

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2002 - 04:08 PM

Diamond will be on PBS in Detroit at 4 A.M. on June 2,i am going to need toothpicks to keep my eyes open for this performance !!!!!:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):