This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Pointe magazine

Is the Pointe magazine good? I live in New Zealand so it's hard to get any ballet magazines, but I thought I might try looking for some thing on the internet.

Cost does matter coz the American dollar is $2.30 or some thing over here.

What are the best ballet mags and any sites.............

Love Em

Guest Ange4567

I'm not a big fan of Pointe magazine... I find dance magazine much more interesting and enjoyful :D But Pointe does have a lot of beautiful photos if thats what you are looking for(I can spend days looking a photo of a beautiful dancer if you ask me, lol)

Poppiedancer, read the posts above :) Dance Magazine's is linked in my post, as is Pointe Magazine. You can read some things online, but you certainly don't get the whole magazine, and there is no substitute online for purchasing the print edition of any magazine!

Dance Spirit is more about all forms of dance, including a lot of the competition type things. It's not as good if you are a serious classical dancer, but if you also do lyrical, hip hop, tap, etc., you might find it more interesting.

Guest Ange4567

I also have to mention.. In the two magazines I have gotten they have a dancer interview on the last page. The questions generally ask about their dancing career, blah blah blah and the very last question is "How do you feel about Ouija boards?"

I mean, its interesting sure.. But its a little outta place don't ya think?