This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Can this happen?

Our daughter was only fourteen and we were guests at a wedding of friends. When we were leaving the ballroom after dinner an older couple stopped us and asked if she was a dancer -- they said they could tell by the way she carried herself.

I think it must be all that pulling up from center they tell them from the first time they put on the little pink shoes and stand at the barre. They really do have beautiful posture -- even when they're sitting.

Apparently, you can tell it in guys, too! I used to have to have all my suit and sports jackets altered because I stood "too straight". When asked, "military school"? I got to answer, "Nope, ballet school!" In fact, when I got fitted for my first dress uniform in the Air Force, I got a severe looking-over from my drill instructor, because nobody he'd ever seen before had a correct "position of attention" in the upper body. The top of the back of the coat crinkled, and that was unusual. Must not have seen too many ballet dancers through there!;)

Guest wastedyouth

definatly. I can tell a dancer a mile away, most other dancers can. to me its plainly obvious when i see another dancer.