This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Youth Grand Prix America

Natalia

Just wondering, if anyone heard Francis Mason's remarks on WQXR?

Oh, Vagansmom, I wish I had been given a program when I was there - didn't see anything in writing - I've heard so many great things about Barry Hughson - and not just from you, either. It would have made that particular piece even more interesting... because there were no programs handed out at the door for the finals, I had to rely on my seat mates to keep me informed!:(

The good news is as Victoria wrote:

The awards were, IMO, fair and well deserved. I had no problems with that part of it at all, other than the way they were presented. Lots of talent there from lots of places!

So let's hope next year will be better in the logistics department!:)

Victoria et. al -

Of course Anderson has to tone it down a bit. It's a shame that he couldn't tell-it-like-it-is! We're grateful for the candid reports of Victoria & the others who were there.

Like I stated earlier: The Competition from Hell (logistically speaking, at least)!!!

My friend is back from the competition now and she said at least her music tape didn't get messed up during her variation! She was very positive about the whole thing but did mention that it was extremely tiring -- mostly due to the fact that schedules changed constantly. Fortunately she seemed quite happy with the experience of having gone to NYC and danced.

Sorry, balletmama, I didn't hear him:( - I did hear he said something "good" however, I would have liked to know exactly what it was that he did say!:( He is a very interesting man, and I really like him...but I don't know when he is on the air. Maybe WQXR has a website?!:)

Several posts, including one by YAGP and responses to it by Victoria, Leigh, and myself, have been deleted after much discussion among the moderators. While we appreciate YAGP taking the time to read and consider the comments by participants and observers and to post on many points that had been made, we felt that the effect of the post was to squelch discussion. Also, there were some things in the post that were, to put it politely, public relations material. As an editor, I wouldn't print unfiltered public relations material, and I think we have to have the same standard here.

I'm also going to delete the thread that Aubri started called Yagp because it responded to something in one of the now deleted posts.

Alexandra,

I think it is only reasonable to permit YAGP representatives to respond to criticisms in this forum. Squelching their reply is your perogative, but if you won't allow a response, then you shouldn't allow the critcism either. It really appears to be taking sides on the part of BalletAlert. Further, it didn't seem to be a PR motive at all on the part of YAGP -- more like an attempt to present their responses.

This is Your Friendly Board Host here.

Susan - I understand your concern about equal time and fair play, but I'm going to ask that this discussion take place on the "About this Site" forum. It's too confusing and counterproductive if threads degenerate into discussions about the thread itself rather than the issues discussed.

If anyone would like to discuss a posting issue with the moderators (on any topic, not just this one) kindly do so on either "About this Site" or via email, not within the thread itself.