This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lucia Lacarra

Guest luv2dance513

Guest luv2dance513

Have any of you seen Lucia Lacarra dance?? She's a principal with San Francisco Ballet and wow, is she something!! I just watched her in a warm up class and she was amazing! Her developes to the front and side were in front of her nose and next to her ear, I kid you not!!:eek: What do you think of her??

Thank you for any replys.:)

Guest Ange4567

Yes shes a pretty dancer, I really admire her hyperextension.

I wasn't on the edge of my seat though.. I guess I like extremely strong dancers :D

How do you find her amazing technically? She doesn't have any strength or stamina. When she performed Odette/Odile in Swan Lake, Tomasson omitted the fouette turns for her because she couldn't complete them. The first (and only?) year she performed Giselle, he eventually took out the hop section because, again, she wasn't strong enough to do them. I believe this is why she did not reprise the role last season. Yes, she is hyperextended like no one else, but this gives her major problems turning. Instead of pirouetting over her toe, she goes around it, sort of like a top. It seems that she never developed the muscles to control her hyperextension. For me, I enjoy watching dancers who work to achieve greatness, not rest on their laurels.

Guest Ange4567

Yeah some of you are right.. When I saw her.. No matter how much fame shes received.. I couldn't wait for her and her fiance to finish their dance and make way for our very own talented dancers.

While the hyperextension and technique may seem amzing, it wears off.

I'm not trying to be mean but in order to be a ballet dancer, you have to have that "amazing touch". You have to keep your audience on the edge of their seats!

Yeah, there really is more to dancing than the perfect body and technique... And that something just might be more important than the two of those combined..