This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

A quick opinion needed

I am about to order tickets for the Kirov at the Met this summer. On the days that I can make it, I have the following options:

Bayadere---Zakarova/Zelensky or Gumerova/Semionov

Swan Lake---Pavlenko/Korsuntsev or Nioradze/Korsuntsev

I welcome your input.

My, my, can we have a bit more here? :) I am contemplating buying some tickets too, and I know nothing about the Kirov's individual dancers. However, it's not often that one has the opportunity to see Le Bayadere, so I'd love some more details on casting choices. I am also considering some of their other performances... Am I crazy to consider Jewels?

Hi all.

Do you think Zakarova may be better in Le Bayadere than Swan? (Sorry... Zakarova in Swan is not in atm711's options, though...)

I heard she got a standing ovation already after the act I when she danced Swan a few months ago in Japan, and I really look forward to seeing her Swan. So, for Bayadere, I want to see someone else. Does anyone think Vishneva is good in it??

I went against my normal buy tickets based on who's casting because I'm finding myself at times being disappointed about someone who I've heard a lot about, but I've also found some great people that I would have missed had I seen dancers x and y.

It's my philosophy for the rest of the spring, I'm not going to look at casting!

First off, it's wiser not to count on Kirov's provisional casting.

No matter how good Zelensky is, at least at the time being, it's likely that he won't be able to appear in NYC due to his injury. I think there will be a big change in casting after all.

For Vishneva, her Nikiya may be too sophisticated for someone. But for me she's unsurpassed in Rubies.

I saw Zakharova doing Swan Lake three times in London and I think she's only second to Lopatkina.

well having seen Jewels last year when they came to london i can highly reccomend it, its such a contrast to their big 3 act classics but still a wonderfull memorable performance. Then again i assume you are in ny where there is no shortage of this style of dance (ie balanchine!!) and u might want to stick with a full on classical ballet!