This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SAB Workshop

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 06:29 PM

Juliet, I think your timing estimates add up to about a 2-1/4 hour show, in other words getting out at 9:15PM. Ending at 10 would mean a three-hour program, quite a record-breaker in my experience.

But Leigh's advice ought to be safe. As to dress, this is after all a school performance, not professional theatre, and I've seen over the years a wide range of styles in the crowd, so blending in shouldn't be a worry.

#17 sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 07:37 PM

On Monday the performance starts at 7pm, but on Saturday it starts at 8pm.

#18 Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 05:33 AM

Good morning!

Kate, thanks for your reminder about times--very useful--

Jack, it may be a school performance but when people pay $2500 for tickets (this is a fundraiser and there is a dinner afterward) the level of dress-up is considerably higher, or at least this is what I've observed there. No one should be intimidated --this is not the court of Louis XIV--but it is fun to dress appropriately for performances and shows respect for the work involved.:D

The performance time you mentioned may be close to ideal; and indeed you may be right on the mark. They will allow another 1o minutes for the Wien award presentations on Monday. I was allowing for the general excitement and greetings afterward when suggesting times for dinner reservations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):