• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 06:29 PM

Juliet, I think your timing estimates add up to about a 2-1/4 hour show, in other words getting out at 9:15PM. Ending at 10 would mean a three-hour program, quite a record-breaker in my experience.

But Leigh's advice ought to be safe. As to dress, this is after all a school performance, not professional theatre, and I've seen over the years a wide range of styles in the crowd, so blending in shouldn't be a worry.

#17 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 07:37 PM

Hi!
On Monday the performance starts at 7pm, but on Saturday it starts at 8pm.
Kate

#18 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 05:33 AM

Good morning!

Kate, thanks for your reminder about times--very useful--

Jack, it may be a school performance but when people pay $2500 for tickets (this is a fundraiser and there is a dinner afterward) the level of dress-up is considerably higher, or at least this is what I've observed there. No one should be intimidated --this is not the court of Louis XIV--but it is fun to dress appropriately for performances and shows respect for the work involved.:D

The performance time you mentioned may be close to ideal; and indeed you may be right on the mark. They will allow another 1o minutes for the Wien award presentations on Monday. I was allowing for the general excitement and greetings afterward when suggesting times for dinner reservations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):