This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tiekka Schofield

momma

Does anyone know where (if) Tiekka Schofield is dancing? I know a few years back she was a principal with Houston Ballet, but have no idea where she is now. I think she had an injury or surgery of some sort a few years back, but had heard she was still dancing. Does anyone know where/what she's been up to lately? I loved her dancing...light as a feather and so artistic.

Yes, Ms. Schofield is dancing wonderfully at SFB! She danced Liberty Bell for Stars and Stripes at SFB's opening night gala. I just saw her last Friday in Mark Morris' Sandpaper Ballet. She was very charming as one of the love-besotted trio of gals in what I call the "south of the border" number :P

Thanks for the info! Very glad to hear she's doing well. Not only is she a wonderful dancer, but she is a great teacher as well. She taught my daughter a few things at a very young age that has helped her tremendously with her artistry. I would love to see her dance again.