This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

NYCB spring 2002 roster

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 liebs

liebs

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 03:33 PM

Nichols will be back this season. Hallelujah!

Ryan Kelly, Lauren Toole, Megan Pepin and Melissa Walter have left the company. Jerome Johnson has joined the corps. And, I saw Arch Higgins taking class so maybe he'll be back.

Alex Ritter, a personal favorite, is one of the principals in Stephen Baynes ballet for the Diamond Project.

#2 linsusanr

linsusanr

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 03:40 PM

Does anyone have any idea as to where Megan Pepin went? Thanks!

#3 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 05:14 PM

oh oh....I heard that Nichols was leaving. Also K. Houston, R. La Fosse, C. Schultz, as well as Alexopolous.

we'll soon find out, I imagine.

#4 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 01:53 AM

I heard also Elizabeth Walker was thinking of concentrating more on teaching at SAB, I hope that's wrong for the audience sakes at least!

#5 AmandaNYC

AmandaNYC

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 05:49 AM

I have orientation for the new season tonight, so we usually find out about changes in the roster. Not much info. usually about corps changes, but we'll see. I'll let you all know tomorrow.

-amanda

#6 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:19 AM

Hi!
Elizabeth Walker is the subject of this week's Dancer of the Week feature on the NYCB webpage. She mentions that she is teaching a women's B class every Monday at SAB, but there is no indication that she plans to cut back on dancing.
Kate

#7 sneds

sneds

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:34 AM

Hi!
Are you sure about Lauren Toole-she's still listed on the NYCB website and they usually make changes there ASAP (Jerome Johnson is now listed and Melissa Walter is no longer listed, BTW). Then again, our news sources may be faster than the NYCB webmaster's corrections!!
I'm not surprised by the other possible departures. LaFosse hasn't danced much at all in the past couple of years, except in character roles like Dr. Coppelius or Drosselmeyer. He was on the panel at the Annual Luncheon in February and it sounds like he is very busy with cheoreographic committments outside NYCB.
Kipling Houston has been around for a LONG time (25+ years) and has had a fairly limited rep as long as I can remember (which, to be fair, is not that long :) ) Nichols is also no spring chicken, and has two (?) young kids at home now. And I'm sure the corps dancers have decided, for various reasons, that their future lies in things other than NYCB. Good luck to all those dancers in their future endeavours!!
Kate

#8 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 07:43 AM

I don't think there was any printed indication of retirement, just talk from dancers.

#9 emhbunhead

emhbunhead

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 10:13 AM

i grew up with lauren toole... imshocked!

#10 AmandaNYC

AmandaNYC

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:48 PM

Sorry for the delayed update. Didn't actually find out much more than what's already posted here. Nichols, Higgins, and Korbes are back taking class. No date of first performance yet. Lauren Toole was not listed on the roster we were given. No reasons or whereabouts info. given for her, Pepin, Kelly, or Walter.

I'm back at the theater Fri. eve and Sat. mat., so I'll keep my ears *open*.
-amanda

#11 flo

flo

• PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 03:47 AM

Pepin took a leave of some kind, exploring other things. Maybe she'll return.....

#12 BalletNut

BalletNut

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 11:47 PM

Just out of curiosity, might one of those "things" be an acting career? She was one of the better actors among the dancers cast in the movie Center Stage, as I recall.

#13 Maxi3D

Maxi3D

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 01:22 PM

If Megan Pepin is trying her hand on acting, I wish her the best of luck. It would be great to see her on the big screen again.:P She would be amongst the sisterhood of actresses today who have dance in their souls.

#14 Michael

Michael

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 04:02 AM

My Sixty-Four Thousand Dollar question is whether Miranda Weese is going to dance at all this spring. It's clear that the injury must have been a very serious one to have caused her to miss the entire Fall and Winter season too and now to be absent in the Spring as well. She has carried so much of the repertory in recent seasons.

#15 Calliope

Calliope

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 May 2002 - 05:02 AM

Is Jennifer Tinsley out with an injury as well? I haven't noticed her in casting at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):