This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Spotlight

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

Did anybody do the Spotlight Compatition? I did it was really fun!

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

OH I know they have made me work harder in class my teacher said that she remembered what I looked like (dance wise) when I was two and after all the compatitions I look sooo professional!! I thought I was gonna cry!

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

Well, its just a regular compatition that anyone can attend and they dont say your 1rst your 2nd your 3rd they go by points so its really fare and it goes on in just about all the states!

What is a "regular competition"? Who participates, groups, solos, pas de deux, what forms of dance, etc. Where did you have to go to do this, and what were the other performances like? What did you dance? Many of us have never heard of this competition, and only know of things like the International Ballet Competitions, the Prix de Lausanne, and the Youth America Grand Prix. How is this one different? Can you just tell us more about it?

Guest CopaCabannaGirl

Oh Sorry! you can do anytype of dance you want! I did a ballet solo to Glow Worm ! You can have groups or anything really it is just a compatition that goes on in all of the states and you just sign up if you want to participate!

These competitions usually have tons of catagories, ballet tap jazz pointe lyrical open specialty acro musical theater...the list goes on. Many people do choose to do classical choreography, and usually do very well, while others obviously have no ballet training and come from "competition schools". They are fun to do because they give students invaluable performing experience, and you make new friends from all over the country. They are usually held in lots of different locations, so most students can compete without traveling more than an hour or two from home.