This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Sarah van Patten

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Terry

Terry

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 07:16 AM

Has anyone seen her dance? I've heard from some people that she's one of the rising dancers at the RDB. She must be very young.

#2 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 07:47 AM

Terry, I haven't seen her. She is very young -- still a teenager, I believe. And, unless I'm mixing her up with someone else, which is quite possible, I think she's leaving to join San Francisco Ballet.

#3 katharine kanter

katharine kanter

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 05:45 AM

There's a fair amount about Miss van Patten available on Internet - her professors, etc.

She appears to be only 16 or 17 years old, and has already been entrusted with principal roles at the RDB.

Unfortunately, I have not yet seen her.

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 12 April 2002 - 04:28 PM

I've heard that she's coming here, and that we have every reason to rejoice.... including a dancer who can MOVE to inspire Tomasson to choreograph some ballets with a real kinetic interest in them again after several years of overheated spectacles....

#5 LMCtech

LMCtech

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 02:54 PM

She's 17.

#6 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 16 April 2002 - 03:26 PM

Elizabth Loscavio was not much older than that -- if anything -- when she showed us what fun it could be to dance Tomasson's Menuetto -- which in everybody else's hands looked like nothing in particular, while she was tossing her head back and dancing like a little maenad......

If Sarah van Patten brings any of those qualities, all I can say is thank you, thnk you , thank you....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):