This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

help needed!!

Guest ballet_lover_nc

Guest ballet_lover_nc

hi everyone! :) i am slightly confused over why ballet dancers never grow boobs! does anyone know?

also does anyone know how to reduce them? maybe there are exercises! i know it is a strange subject but please help! :D

They do.

Most female dancers have a fairly low proportion of body fat. That is an important consideration. Dancers are also very strong and toned, so the excess anywhere is generally trimmed down by their daily work.

Female dancers with what they think of as a considerable bustline will usually have their costumer build in support (of a strong type!) or add it themselves to their costumes. A lot will wear body-bands, wrap themselves with Ace Bandages, or wear something of a minimizing nature under a costume or leotard, so they are more comfortable when performing.

Guest ballet_lover_nc

thanks! mistery solved! :confused:

do you know any strengthening/toning exercises to help me improve as a dancer ? (all aspects) thanx xx :)

ballet_lover_nc, there are forums on the board specifically for students to ask these kinds of questions. Check the Teens and Special Groups categories to see which forum applies to you. There are Young Dancer forums, a Men's forum, and an Adult Ballet Students forum. There are also a number of topics in the Archives about stretching and strengthening.

Guest ballet_lover_nc

thanx! im new to this so i didnt know how to work it!

i will in future write in another room, but could i just ask julie who wrote before or any other people to answer the post above so i dont have to write it out again please! thx :D

ballet_lover_nc, you can edit your own posts and correct a typo or anything else you want to fix by clicking on the Edit button at the bottom of your post :D

Actually, Juliet did answer your question about bustline, and I answered the other question. She said that dancers have a low percentage of body fat, and they are in such good shape that most of them do not develop large busts, although they do develop. Those who develop more have to take some measures in terms of their attire, either in class or on stage, to control it. As most dancers are in serious and intensive training during the developing years, they tend to remain thinnner than most teenagers and develop less fatty tissue overall.

As to exercises to improve as a dancer, those are way too numerous to list in this format, however there are a number of threads about this on the Young Dancers board and in the archives. The main answer is, however, CLASS. The work you are taught in class is how you improve as a dancer. Taking daily, or almost daily, technique classes with a professional teacher is essential in the development of a dancer. Additional stretching and specific exercises for your needs should also be learned in your classes and given to you by your teacher. There is no magic pill for ballet, no potion that will change your body and give you placement, turnout, great feet, super flexibility, musicality, artistry, or anything else. It starts with natural ability and develops with professional training.