This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Scottish Ballet

I just noticed that Scottish Ballet are advertising their latest work as "The Two Pigeons - from the choreographer of La Fille Mal Gardee". I thought it was quite amusing, it makes it sound as if it is new and Ashton is still creating ballets! (Alas...):)

I saw the 2 pigeons at the weekend... Fabulous! Very nice arrangements, certainly not boring!

The dancer (can't remember her name... Former Royal Ballet principal) could put her emotions splendidly across. I almost cried as she lost her lover...

The 'gypsy' girl was also good and quick, although not as secure in her landings (maybe because she had to do so many quick and hard steps)

The comical effect were also fabulous. I always admire the Scottish ballet for their production, which never disappoint (even my boyfriend liked it!)

Scottish Ballet did some of their new work last night at the Dance Umbrella Gala at Sadler's Wells. Unfortunately it was not very strong or inspiring. I have written about the whole night in my blog. It was a disappointing night all along, but I was really sad for the Scottish Ballet who I have not seen perform for a long time. I do not understand why they don't seem to be able to get it right. They should!