Kirov to Mexico (again)

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 08:25 PM

It is proved the Kirov enjoys Mexico. They will return to Mexico City performing Don Quixote and Swan Lake at the National Auditorium from 8 to 12 May 2002.

#2 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 March 2002 - 12:33 AM

Thanks NO7 for your news. It certainly requires a lot of energy, not to mention time and money, to keep up with the Kirov's performances worldwide. But I do know of two people who often follow the Kirov round the world, though not on every single tour.

#3 Gyromatic39

Gyromatic39

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2002 - 08:27 PM

Another reason why the Kirov is coming back to Mexico City is that the performances were well-received by the spectators - the Auditorio Nacional was nearly full. I'll be attending both ballets next May. :(

#4 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 06:30 PM

Gyromatic, you should attend the Gala too. I wish I could come to Mexico!

#5 Gyromatic39

Gyromatic39

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 May 2002 - 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Kevin Ng
Gyromatic, you should attend the Gala too.  I wish I could come to Mexico!

I haven't heard of a gala yet, they had one last year though, so I'll find out. Thanks :)
So far they've announced an extra performance of Swan Lake on the 13th. I'll be attending Don Quixote on the 8th and SL on the 11th :D

#6 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 May 2002 - 08:04 PM

As fas as I know, the gala will be held on the 14th, featuring Chopiniana, Don Q grand pdd, Scheherazade, and an excerpt from Sleeping Beauty. The dancers include Fadeyev, Kolb, Sologub, Makhalina, Gumerova, and Golub.

#7 Gyromatic39

Gyromatic39

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 08:40 AM

It was in the newspaper today: The Kirov Ballet will perform the Gala on the 14th, so now I have to buy more tickets :D
I'm just one of the 45.000+ ppl that will attend their Mexico City performances :)

#8 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,234 posts

Posted 07 May 2002 - 08:42 AM

Glad you got a ticket! I hope you post and tell us about it. Thanks, Gyro :)

#9 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 07:23 PM

While half of the Kirov Ballet is touring Mexico this week, the other half is still busy rehearsing for "La Bayadere" and performing at home. On 14 May there is a Japanese dancer Rika Ishi guesting with the Kirov dancing La Sylphide.

http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill

#10 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 05:39 PM

The first night of Don Q in Mexico was danced by Irina Golub (Kitri), Andrian Fadeyev (Basilio), Irina Zhelonkina (Queen of the Dryads), and Islom Baimuradov (Espada).

#11 NO7

NO7

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 May 2002 - 11:35 PM

Heard that the Kirov Ballet will be making an agreement to tour Mexico City annually for ten years time. Next year they will perform Romeo&Juliet (which I voted for the worst production of the Kirov:p ). Meanwhile, the cast for Swan Lake to perform next week at the Auditorio Nacional include Nioradze, Korsuntsev, Gumerova, Kolb, and Part.

#12 Gyromatic39

Gyromatic39

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 05:28 PM

Originally posted by Kevin Ng
The first night of Don Q in Mexico was danced by Irina Golub (Kitri), Andrian Fadeyev (Basilio), Irina Zhelonkina (Queen of the Dryads), and Islom Baimuradov (Espada).

yup It went ok for most of the performance but at the end the height of Mexico city (2240m over sea level) took its toll on Golub and Fadeyev (most notably) :eek: not to mention several other dancers. Good performance overall, looking forward to Swan Lake (tomorrow) and Gala (Tuesday)

#13 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 May 2002 - 06:28 PM

Gyromatic, did you enjoy the second cast last night - Natalia Solgoub (Kitri), and Leonid Safaranov (Basilio)? I've never heard of this 19-year-old dancer Safaranov. I adore Sologub, and wish I could have seen the performance.

#14 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 14 May 2002 - 03:32 AM

The Mexican tour will end tonight with the gala. The two casts of Swan Lake last weekend were - Yulia Makhalina/Igor Kolb, and Sofia Gumerova/Danila Korsuntsev.

At the Maryinsky Theatre tonight, Anton Korsakov will make his debut as James in La Sylphide.

#15 Kevin Ng

Kevin Ng

Bronze Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 May 2002 - 08:30 PM

The first part of the Gala was "Chopiniana", with Danila Korsuntsev and Sofia Gumerova.
Second part:
Harlequinade, with Elena Sheshina and Andrei Ivanov.
Espartaco, with Makhalina and Alexander Kurkov
Sleeping Beauty pas de deux, with Natalia Sologub and Andrei Merkuriev.
Dying Swan, with Makhalina
Finally, Don Quixote pas de deux, with Irina Golub and Andrian Fadeyev.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):